I know I probably say this a lot, but this is really one of my favorite recipes! The chicken is so crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, it’s unbelievable! 🙂
If you don’t already have Panko breadcrumbs in your cupboard, you should really buy some! Absolutely love them! In my previous posts I’ve mentioned briefly how versatile they are and nicer than regular breadcrumbs because they absorb oil better so you don’t end up with an oily meal!
For this recipe I’ve decided to fry the chicken in olive oil however, you can also pop it right in the oven of course!
This recipe has no specific measurements, just depends on how much chicken you are using.
- Chicken breasts
- Some flour
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
- Favorite seasoning (I used chilli, asian spice seasoning, paprika, and salt & pepper)
- Favorite sauce (I used a chilli-lemon sauce, bought at my favorite asian market)
- Cabbage, chopped (optional), tomatoes (optional)
- First, simply put the flour, eggs, and the bread crumbs each separately in 3 shallow dishes
- Season the dish with the bread crumbs to taste with your favorite combination of seasoning
- Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper
- Step 1: Dip each breast into the flour, then shake off the excess. Step 2: Coat the chicken breast with the egg and hold the chicken over the liquid to let any excess fall back into the bowl. Step 3: Lay the chicken in the bread crumbs, turn it over and press it into the breading to coat. Step 4: This is the *key* part in order to get it crispy and fluffy, repeat Step 2 and Step 3 one more time.
- Pour some olive oil in a pan and fry the breaded chicken breasts until slightly golden. Suggestion to get it nice and moist on the inside but crispy on the outside: Fry on medium heat, and turn the chicken only once! Let each side slowly fry for about 10 minutes or until golden. Be careful, if the temperature of the oil is too high it will burn the breadcrumbs
- Transfer chicken breasts to a towel lined plate to drain any excess oil
- Once plated, pour over some of your favorite sauce
- I love to serve this dish on a bed of cabbage with some slices of tomatoes and garnish with black sesame seeds
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we did!