Caesar salad is one of my all-time favorite salads! Sadly, caesar dressing is another one of those items that are difficult to find in Austria. I looked at a bunch of different recipes online but had a hard time finding one that I thought had the best combination of ingredients, so I just tweaked them and made my own! This recipe makes about 4 cups of dressing. I know, that’s a lot of dressing but I wanted to make enough so that Ernan and I could eat Caesar salad all week (heheheheheheh) What you will need for the dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovies
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcester sauce
- 2 cups light Mayonnaise
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 handful freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food-processor until the dressing is nice and smooth
- Toss the dressing with the salad mixture and add shaved Parmesan and garlic croutons to taste.
- I always like to add some grilled chicken for extra protein. The chicken in the picture was seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and cajun and grilled in a skillet.
Regarding the garlic croutons: All you need for the croutons is 1 clove of garlic, ciabatta, and olive oil. First, take the garlic and scrape it against the outside of the ciabatta bread so that the flavor of the garlic rubs off. Cut the bread into cubes, drizzle with olive oil, bake until crispy. I’m sad that I don’t have pictures of the garlic croutons that I made. Next time I make this recipe I will make sure to post pics of those as well!